Friday, July 10, 2009

Why a Virtual World?

Born in 1951, after a lifetime as a martial artist, and dog trainer, I was run over by a truck(Feb., 2004). Every bone on the left side of my body was shattered, as I was flung into a 5 1/2 week Coma. I learned to walk again, and speak. I came to sl to learn to function, and got better and better...and started an sl group for Vicims of TBI. My dream has come true..I run a Dojo in sl, and train virtual dogs for two companies. I also own the largest and most popular dog park in sl. Anything I earn goes to our group, Survivors of TBI, which is now a great success! We have a gorgeous Facility, and rl physician studying neurogenesis on staff as well as an rl RT, as our consultant. We even have a group Rehab Therapist. There are supporters and many TBI survivors. Sl has been good to all of us. I have come up with a remarkable theory... as I talk to fellow TBI survivors in our group. We are able to learn and find things theraputic with tolerance...as we are already used to rl "lag".(Which by the way is comparable to sl "lag"). In addition, we are all too familiar with "crashing" unexpectedly.(Which incidentally is very like rl "crash" from overload..Cognitive Fatigue.) Sl is excellent therapy. One can "virtually" experience anything, as all is possible in world. But... rl's complications are replaced by a separate set of complications ( technical) in sl. so if a TBI Survivor( or anyone)fails at an sl endeavor...failure begets failure. Success, on the other hand begets success. It is a TBI Supporter and Surviors role,to help mentor and guide other survivors to find areas of sl to thrive in.Help others discover "thier sl".Once one finds thier sl, because it is "thier niche"..they will find joy, andthereby be successful.Success at endeavors in sl builds confidence, and self assuredness. This will carry over into inner strength in rl endeavors. I would love to have your feedback on this . Or come to our TBI Center when you're in world. See you there! See Also: http://vitolo.wordpress.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment