Thursday, March 11, 2010

RL Pet Memorial In A Virtual World


Any of us who has lost his beloved pet knows where I am coming from on this topic. It is devastating, and we never forget, or stop glancing down to see if our old friend is there.
When I came to SL I became a resident of the virtual world. Being homebound, I spend most of my days in world. I early on brought memories with me of things I loved, even though I have these photos here at home in RL. I put a picture of my RL Godmother up at the TBI center that I built for those recovering from Brain injury. The picture is to remind me always of an important person in my life. As a resident of SL, I pass her picture in the hallway of my virtual TBI center more often than I pass the photo at home in RL. Seeing her more often has brought me comfort.
I later put a photo on my SL desk, of my family pets, including the dogs gone by that I loved so well, and ached so deeply over. I found comfort here too, and decided that I should talk to others about the comfort I find in this practice. The response was very exciting, as friends began to upload pictures. Some photos of past pets went on Dogland's Bulletin Board.
I heard your call for a Pet Memorial that was without cost to use, so I added one to Dogland Park. The Memorial Wall is located near the duck pond close to the Dogland Little Theater. There is plenty of room for anyone to memorialize their friends that have passed. Send me a full perm picture of your pet, and write a notecard about them- say what is in your heart. Your pet will appear on the wall the very same day, and will remain there for you and for others to visit, when at Dogland. When your pet's picture is touched, your notecard will be delivered, so that your thoughts about your fuzzy friend can be appreciated by others. This memorial is for anyone who has lost their rl best friend.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Rhoda/196/8/24

2 comments:

  1. Ciao Vitolo. I will be giving a "Meet the Author" presentation at
    "Vest Travel Centre ~ Second Norway" on Friday, 30 April at 12noon SLT.

    The presentation offers for discussion a few select images showing locations I discovered during my sailing journey and resulting book "The Great Sailing Adventure." One of the images will be from my time spent at Dogland.

    I'm very happy to have the opportunity to mention my experience at Dogland and to share with others the fact that it exists. If you have interest to come by during the presentation, you're more than welcome too! Second Norway is a wonderful sim to explore and the presentation will be followed by a second hour of entertainment nearby on the sim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dahlia.! I will put it on my calender!

    ReplyDelete